This friend made a Police Statement in support of Fleur Thompson, which differed significantly from her affidavit.
1. “I am a close friend of Fleur Thompson and have been since 1991 when I moved to Bournemouth from Essex. I was introduced to Fleur as she was a girlfriend of my then boyfriends friend, I can recall an evening in 1993 when I was with Fleur at her address in Muscliffe Bournemouth, Our boyfriends had gone out for a drink. I can remember being at the address having a social drink.
2. Fleur and myself were talking about first boyfriends. I can remember Fleur saying something along the lines of "My first boyfriend was Gary but come to think of it would of actually been my step dad".
3. I was shocked at what she said but Fleur appeared to be OK as if what she said had just come out. Fleur talked about on one occasion being carried upstairs by her stepfather and said that is when she had lost her virginity. I asked Fleur if her mother and sister knew and she told me that they didn't.
4. I didn't ask her anything else and left it to Fleur as to whether she wanted to talk about it. While talking it seemed that it was something she wanted to get off her chest, she did not appear to be upset or distressed while talking.
5. I cannot remember the entire conversation with Fleur on that evening as it was some 15 years ago. I am willing to attend court in reference to my statement and will assist the Dorset Police in any action they take.”